We are currently arranging auditions for positions in the ensemble starting May 1, 2022.
Auditions will consist of two rounds.
Round 1 of auditions will be virtual auditions, which can be submitted via video recording
(preferably YouTube) from May 1st through July 1st.
Round 1 auditions will include:
- Major scales - selected for each instrument, played without music, medium speed, up and down scale. Arpeggios following the scale are accepted, but not required.
- Chromatic scale - full range of instrument, played without music, medium speed, up and down scale.
- Two musical selections of 1-2 minutes in length each (such as etudes or movements from the standard solo
repertoire), one showcasing lyrical ability, and one showcasing technical ability. No accompaniment.
Finalists will be notified by mid-July 2022.
Round 2 will be for finalists, to participate in a live audition in mid-August.
- Selected elements from round 1.
- Sight reading.
- Excerpts from iconic band litterature.
Finalist audition results will be shared by the third week in August.
Interested players may request audition details at: AWSAuditions@gmail.com.
Please include a brief biography with your musical experience.
Rehearsals will commence Tuesday, September 6th, 2022.